COVID-19 Update :
Pastor Ben Kimmell
March 21, 2020
As we announced this past Sunday, we will resume campus worship this coming Sunday, May 17th! We are so thrilled to re-gather our church family to celebrate the Lord's Day together. We look forward to a time of passionate celebration of our great and glorious God!
In order to gather our church family safely, we will observe the following social distancing measures:
- We encourage those who may have any sort of compromised immune system to continue to worship with us at home on our live stream through Facebook Live or on our CalvaryLive page .
- If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home!
- For those attending campus worship, we will continue to maintain the appropriate six feet of social distance between families. To help us do that, we will mark off every other row of seating.
- If our campus attendance begins to press our ability to social distance, our Welcome & Security teams will direct newer arrivals to alternate spaces where the service will be streamed.
- Sunday School Zoom classes will meet at 9 a.m. in order to allow sufficient time to drive to campus for 10:45 a.m. worship.
- We will not have breakfast or campus children's programs of any kind as of yet.
- Face masks will be available for those who wish to use them.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the main entrances/exits.
- Offering plates will be positioned by the main entrances/exits so we won't need to "pass the plates."
It has been an incredibly challenging two months, and we are not entirely in the clear yet. But we thank God that we have the opportunity to renew our fellowship and corporate worship this Sunday. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the church office. We will be glad to help!
We have conferred with our AWANA Directors and other key leaders concerning Wednesday Night AWANA. Our policy is to follow the Taylor County School District in terms of cancellations. If school is cancelled, then we will not meet for AWANA.
Of course, we will not be able to receive offering and tithes during this time. Click the button below to go to our giving page. From there, you can click Give Online to pay your tithes through our secure servers. You can also mail a check to our address, or stop by during our office hours:
Office Hours -
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Wednesday - 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Thursday - 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Friday - CLOSED
Members In Need
We want to be responsive to the members of our own faith family. If you are, or know of someone who is in need of any form of assistance, please call or email the church office. If we are made aware of specific needs, then we will mobilize our membership to respond. If there are sick or shut-in members, we will be happy to run local errands or make grocery runs. This is an opportunity for our brothers and sisters in Christ to demonstrate their love for one another.
Remember, we are encountering an unprecedented and evolving situation with rapidly changing official guidance. We will continue to monitor health and safety information from the CDC, Florida Department of Health, and our own local health and emergency management officials. We will update you if anything changes with our current plans. And it is entirely possible that things will change.
But let us also remember that in times of uncertainty, it is common for people to react in fear rather than in faith. Our goal is to magnify King Jesus and be good neighbors to the people of Perry. May God’s people remember who they serve, love their neighbors as themselves, and be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. Whatever the coming days may bring, Jesus still reigns and our hope is both sure and steadfast.
If you have any questions regarding the matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.